Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, March 07, 2008

I Have To Talk About Celebrity Apprentice

I love the show! I've never watched Donald Trump's Apprentice before but when I saw the first advertisement for Celebrity Apprentice and actually recognized the celebrities as true celebrities (except Omarosa) I had to watch. Of course I think it's wonderful that the money they compete for is all for charity. The fun part is watching them work for it! I must say I was ECSTATIC to see Omarosa get FIRED. She was a mean spirited player who never had anybody's back but her own. Can't wait to see how things unfold next week. My favorites so far are Peirs and Trace.

And of course there is American Idol. My favorites are Brooke White, the multi talented nanny, and Jason Castro, the dread lock haired man with the sweetest voice! I think Brooke will be in the final 2.



I'm also addicted to watching the Biggest Loser. That show is so inspiring to me. I think one of my first posts in 2007 was about last year's Biggest Loser, Erik, the deli owner in New York.







Back to workouts. Today I might rest or I might run a recovery 5-6 miles. The DOMS has creeped in big time after the CrossFit workout 2 days ago and yesterday's training run. I ran 14.4 miles which included the Triple Play (only 2 more of those until the marathon). I was pretty happy with the workout considering the mild soreness from CrossFit the day before. 3 @ Marathon Goal Pace: 21:41 (7:12/mile average), 2 minute recovery, 6 x 800s with 1 minute recoveries: 3:17, 3:13, 3:12, 3:05, 3:14, 3:12, 2-1/2 minute recovery, 3 @ Tempo Pace: 20:40 (6:53/mile average). It felt tough, but I managed. I really wasn't feeling it during the warm up but just gave it up to God and said, "It is what it is." Things came together. During the 3 miles cooldown, my legs felt like cement blocks.

Okay, time for breakfast. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Preston said...

DOMS?
I haven't heard of that...

kate said...

Oooh! I love The Biggest Loser! I have a group of friends that I watch it with faithfully every Tuesday night. Never miss it!

John Fenton said...

preston, DOMS = Delayed-onset muscle soreness

GB, Another long, hard workout! I don't know how you do that twice per week while setting mileage PR's. It's amazing.

We're enjoying a nice March blizzard today. 10-14" of snow by tomorrow afternoon. With 22 miles to run on Sunday, I'm tempted to see how far south I have to drive to find a clear road to run on. :)

John

Arron said...

i am a big AI fan.

and the biggest loser season one got me motivated to get off my arse. that some 2 years ago. i have lost 70 pounds and run a marathon in that time.

later.

Marathon Maritza said...

Hurray for someone who enjoys reality (crap) tv as much as I do!

Except my favorite male is David Archuleta (although I'm with ya on Brooke!)