As far as eating properly, I'm pretty much back on track and still 122 pounds. For some reason though, I want to eat everything and a TON of it. Again I'm sure this is somehow related to tapering. My body is still used to burning so much fuel even though it's not as active. I bet it takes several more days for my body to adjust, and by then I should be good and ready to carbo load. I'll basically eat the same amount of calories as I did when in the thick of training, but include more carbs.
I've been doing CrossFit workouts that supplement my running, so they include push ups, pull ups, sit ups, back extensions, one legged squats, squats and occasionally hand stand push ups. I definitely feel strong as well as lean. I can't wait to get more into CrossFit over the summer while I'm not actively training for a goal race. I want to get CF certified, but can't justify the $1,000 expense right now (so soon after I'll be spending bucks for Boston). Oh well, that's a future goal!
It will be good to see a couple of good girlfriends from high school this weekend. I haven't seen them since summer at our 20 year reunion. We're going to enjoy Sunday brunch, then a movie. I can't wait! I can't believe Spring is in full swing. It is supposed to be 85-degrees this weekend. Unbelievable. Anyway, I'm looking forward to my last 'medium' long run of 13 miles on Saturday and then the countdown begins. Here's what I'm wearing on the marathon course, weather permitting.
But I will substitute this singlet instead of the technical t-shirt I have on in the picture, along with a navy blue Boston Red Sox baseball cap:
I want to look as patriotic as possible on April 21, to celebrate Patriot's Day in Massachusetts. :)


3 comments:
Good luck on your race. you're going to look like uncle sam's younger and hotter cousin!
I know I've said this before but love reading your blog! You're going to kick some red, white, & blue butt on April 21st :)
Awesome outfit! Your gonna do so awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)
Post a Comment