Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

OBSESSING ???

Okay, kind of obsessing, but overall not as much as last year. I'm taking a rest day from running today. I ran 7 days in a row which is not much for most of you, but I decided not to make it 8 in a row because I was a little sore during yesterday's workout.

I had run 2 miles warm up (including strides), then 2 miles tempo at an average 6;45/mile, then 2 x 800s @ 3:04 and 3:06 (or thereabouts), then 2 x 400s at 1:28 and 1:29, then 1.6 miles cool down.

I'll do 6 tomorrow and MAYBE throw in 2 miles at goal pace, but probably not. Then 4 miles on Thursday, nice and easy. We fly out Friday. Yaaaay! Saturday I'll do 3 easy then hit the expo. Sunday, I'll watch the WOMEN'S OLYMPIC MARATHON TRIALS, and then rest... then eat at the BAA Pasta Dinner. Yum!

I think I need to pinch myself because I can't believe it's almost here. It feels like the week before Christmas for me!

9 comments:

Aron said...

you are going to do great!!! i cant wait to read all about it next week!!

GOOD LUCK!

jen said...

YAY!!! I am so excited too. The weather looks like it is going to be much better than last year too... still could change but at this point it's looking very good.

Marathon Maritza said...

You're going to do so well!! Have a fabulous time!

Ron said...

GB,

You are 100% prepared. Not only for this race, but anything that comes along this year.
I know tapering is tough, but for these last days, avoid taxing workouts, weighing yourself, and eating "adventurous" food. So many people pull a Willis and have stomach troubles...I stick with bland.
Here's to a great race!
Ron

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

taperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rest those legs GB, don't worry you forget how to run :-) just bottle up that energy and just visualize it!!

I just recorded it on my TIVO

On TV
woooooo hoooooooooo Hope I seee you running past the cameras:-)

steph said...

Good Luck to you! Go get that 3 hour ish marathon for the both of us. Our training looks amazingly similar to bad I can't start this race with you. There will be others. Go get em! Enjoy!

Broken foot Steph

Anonymous said...

You might consider running along the Charles river in Boston for your easy 3 miler. It is as flat as can be. Last year I saw a couple of the Kenyan runners doing running along the river. It was weird seeing them plod along at 8 or 9 minute mile pace!

Here's a link to some distances
http://www.soundkeepers.com/running/boston.html.

You'll see lots of people running, riding bikes, etc.

DawnB said...

Good luck GB have a great race on monday!! you are goig to kick butt as usual. Have fun.

Sarah said...

Hi GB -- Wanted to wish you the best for Boston!! I'm not running it this year, but I'll be out somewhere cheering. Hope to see you as you speed past me :)

Enjoy the weekend and the race....you've put in your hard work and now its time for your victory lap!! Can't wait to hear how it went!