Wow. Can't believe it's down to one week before Boston. Thanks to everyone who reads and comments on this blog. I'm serious when I say that your good vibes go a LONG way! I know they will carry me to the finish line.
Yesterday completed week 2 of tapering. Today begins week 3, and you know what? I am not going to sweat ANYTHING this week. I've trained, and trained some more, and this week I'm going to run based on how I feel and not based on the training plan (which thankfully is light anyway). I got 9 hours sleep lastnight and honestly I still feel like I could sleep all day. My body is TIRED, but my mind says "GO RUN, you SLUG." I'm tuning my mind out!
Good thing is I finished a Sudoku puzzle and believe me, it's been months. Granted, the puzzle in today's paper was an easy one, but still. :) And more cool news... my hubby bought me my birthday present early. He bought me a Level 1 CrossFit Certification class. I'm so excited!!! I'll be attending at the end of June (right after my big 3-9). It's nice to have things to look forward to.
I'm REALLY excited about the Ohlone 50K on May 18. I'll be running it with some friends from high school, Mike (also a blogger) & Dan. Danny has run it before and he's also a sub 3:10 marathoner. Both are inspiring and we are going to have a blast on that trail! Right guys? :)
Okay, time to chow some lunch. You can tell my carbo loading has begun because the scale said I'm a pound heavier than I was 2 days ago. Oh well, it's all for a good cause, right? See ya' soon, friends.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


3 comments:
GB,
Just popping in and wanted to say "hi" and check out how the training was coming along. Looks like all is good to go for Boston. I wish you nothing but the best and just run your race! Look forward to hearing about it! Take care...
Gregory (Pudov)
P.S. Not so sure I could wear that hat with that logo but it should go over well with the crowds there I would think. ;-)
GB,
Every day you inspire to keep training through the up and the downs. Your the first Blog I check every Morning at 5:15 when I start work. Ohlone is going to be a blast. I can't wait to take you on a training run to Rose Peak so you can see what its all about.
Danny
I'm so excited for you!! You're going to do so well at Boston. And I'm sure the 50K will be fun. It sounds long and crazy to me, but with friends I bet it will be a blast.
Post a Comment