I have been napping everyday, sometimes twice if there is time. I'm glad I'm working only part time because it helps! I think the naps are my body's way of saying, "Hey, we need to rest and recover." Seriously, as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out.
Yesterday I did mile repeats with minimal recoveries to simulate a half marathon (basically lactate threshold pace). Tomorrow I do a long series of 200s with 200m jog recoveries and Sunday I do a bunch of 400s with 1:1 recoveries (in other words, I recover for the same time it took to run the 400). I like the track again! It's a dirt track, nice and soft. But I can't wait until the college track is finished next fall so I can get back to that all-weather surface.
Anyway, this morning's run of just 4 miles at 5 a.m. was beautiful. The weather is so nice at that hour. There are people out doing their walks or runs or cycling and it's so cool to see them at that hour. The weather during the day has been hovering around 100 and I don't like running in that, but I will be later today. Oh well, at least it's a recovery run.
Lastly, I thought I'd share a family portrait taken on Father's Day. This is me, my hubby, our kids and his niece. Have a great afternoon!


7 comments:
You really handle those interval sessions well. I find that I need a longer recovery but you just pound 'em out! :) You're amazing. Keep up the great work. Your morning runs sound peaceful.
Great picture!
I can feel the speed coming on. It definitely seems like the joy of running is back with you (no tiredness or pain helps) Cute picture of the family.
Hey GB
I'm tagging you for a 5 question running survey that's going around!
http://got-to-run.blogspot.com/2008/06/taggart.html
Baldwyn
Beautiful photo! Are ya'll looking at a photo album? I love it! I'm an avid scrapbooker and love sharing photos/pages with the family. :)
My hat is off to you on the doubles - I can hardly run AND do cross fit. You are the goddess of fitness.
Nice family. I'm loving the track again myself, this past Tuesday I was able to run the same numbers I was pulling before KM. Felt harder though but I expected that. We'll see what the weekend brings.
Sounds like you're hitting your stride in training. Lot of miles and lots of rest.
Girl, I want to nap every day.... =)
You have an adorable family. Your kids look like sooooo much fun (or trouble). Keep the faith, tough girl! :)
Post a Comment