Thanks Rick, Kirk, Layla, Victoria, Mike, Terry, Jen and Eva for your comments. I spoke to the officer who fired the shot on the suspect and he and his family are handling things okay, but he asked for prayers. I don't blame him because it had to be tough and probably still is, not only to witness something as horrific as that, but then to use deadly force to stop it from happening any further. Imagine. Or better yet, don't.
He didn't talk much about what he saw except to call all of it "very gruesome." I know you're all praying for the baby and his family, and possibly even the baby's father. Please include Officer Ramar in your thoughts and prayers, too, as well as those who tried to fight the baby's father off.
And regarding the fallen officer, his killer was found and arrested. Thankfully.
Seriously, be safe and take nothing for granted. I promise I'll get back to blogging about running soon. And no worries, I'm still running.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


6 comments:
Glorybelle, I'm glad you can be there for the officer. There is a lot that goes on that we will never understand. All we can do is pray and, with God's help, try to make our corner of the world a little better.
Wow! What a heart-wrenching story. It is sad to see that this type of stuff actually happens in our world, that one human could do this to another. But thank you Lillie for reminding us to be grateful for our own gifts and ability to practice love and kindness.
GB,
As soon as I saw this yesterday I thought of you and couldn't beleive something like that could happen. I tried to call you to see how you were taking it. My thoughts and prayers are with the families.
Danny
Thanks for the updates, GB. My prayers are with Officer Ramar and the families involved.
I just can't get my head around that kind of senseless violence either. There just is no good answer to "Why?"
John
Hi SL,
How awful about the boy, just made my heart sink reading about it, if that was my child, I think I would be the first one getting hold of that guy before the police and I wouldn't just yell at him, I would probably end up in jail myself... :(
Sorry to hear that it was so close to home...
At least the baby is at peace now...no more pain...
My 2 year old got REALLY tight hugs yesterday...
Post a Comment