Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Running with a GRACO stroller


Let me say it's like pushing a wheel barrow, not the easiest thing in the world.
That's how I got the miles in today because the jogging stroller has a flat and I'm too lame to fix it.
Hubby might not be home until WEDNESDAY now. :(
I miss him so much that I'm having dreams about him, just holding him close and smelling him. I hardly ever dream about him!
Anyway, 12.25 miles at easy/recovery pace (had to be, pushing that gargantuan beast of a stroller).

An easy 7 tomorrow, and a mini taper week for the 10K on Saturday. :)

11 comments:

Gretchen said...

I have that exact same stroller - how on earth did you push that monster for 12+ miles? I just loaned my jogger to my neighbor but I'm thinking of un-loaning it! As my miles are starting to ramp up I'd like to start doing some doubles. My husband travels a lot so I'd have to take the munchkins along! They'd probably love it!

Enjoy your taper!!

F. Lee said...

Why didn't you just put him on piece of plywood and some pillows on top of some round boulders? HAHA! Way to get it done!!

Good luck with the 10k this weekend! We were at the cabin and could see the fire in Butte county over the mountains. Hopefully all is ok with him and the crews up there.

Anonymous said...

I have that stroller =)

When my husband walks our toddler in the umbrella stroller, he leans forward and yells "go! go! go!"

I might have to try him in the stroller, maybe on the bike path. It will definitely force me to a VERY easy pace, as he's close to 30 pounds now.

Gettin Older said...

Oh my goodness, I never even wanted to push one of those around the mall. I cannot imagine running with beast like that. Take the tire (or the whole jog stroller) to a bike shop and get that tire fixed. If I were not for the transcontinental travel, I'd be happy to come fix it for you.

cindy and christy said...

Haha - I totally feel your pain! I tried a trail run with my regular stroller 2 weeks ago and quickly realized how badly I need a real jog stroller. As I lugged the thing through my 5k of trail I was dreaming up different ways to talk the hubby into the new purchase (I'm eyeing the chariot cougar or BOB stroller that you have). When I rounded the corner back to our home, I came upon a garage sale and guess what was sitting in the front of their driveway....a double jog stroller. I bought it on the spot (crazy, I know b/c I only have one kid!) But I was at wits end and at the bargain price of $70, how could I refuse. It's not the dream jog stroller I want (that's on the bday list now), but it will suffice for now. Get your flat fixed! Happy Running! Cindy

tww1980 said...

Nice speed work on Saturday and nice stroller run today......in looking at your post on L & O and your comments here.....your husband needs to safely get home soon...and yes.....that was the Ramones I was singing.

jen said...

Wow, I can't imagine what running with that thing is like! You are so crazy. Great job.

I'm keeping your husband and the other firefighters in my thoughts, they are amazing! He'll be home soon (and probably smelling pretty smoky... but something tells me that won't stop you!).

Trainingmommy said...

Wow, that is just crazy. I get tired pushing my double jogger, I can not imagine running with my kids in a normal stroller. You are amazing.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you ran 12 miles with Jimmy in that stroller. You're my hero! Hope my brother in law comes home soon.

Marathon Maritza said...

Wow! Extra points for pushing a regular stroller! That's like an extra arm workout!

Mark Tanaka (Ultrailnakaman) said...

That looks frustratingly difficult. I am the same way about fixing flats. It's easier and more fun to just go out and run. I noticed that I dreamed more about my wife/ex-fiancee when we lived apart when I moved out here to California a few months before she did. Being a guy, maybe, I'm not sure I just held her closed and sniffed her though....