Ha! I say they're lovely with my tongue firmly in cheek.
Woke up at 5:00, down 16 ounces super concentrated sports drink, out the door by 5:45. 2 mile warm up, strides, quick stretches, changed into my racing flats and off I went.
First 2 miles: 13:40 (6:50/mile average) felt kind of cold and tight
3 minute active recovery, jog, walk, stretch, fluids
2nd 2 miles: 13:29 (6:45/mile average) felt loose, good, working hard but controlled
3 minute active recovery, like the one described above
3rd 2 miles: 13:33 (6:47/mile average) felt loose, good, working HARDER, but still ended up slower.
2 mile cool down.
Stretch & coffee.
Total miles for today: 10.4
Was supposed to do a 3 mile shake out run tonight, but my legs are SORE! I think the race on Saturday, the 20 miler on Tuesday plus the 10 miles Wednesday and 7 on Thursday finally caught up to me today. Legs were feeling some fatigue during those tempo intervals. I will not lie! In fact, I had to crash and burn on the couch while the baby napped today. I'm so glad my older kids are understanding! My son teased me about snoring so loudly! Oops.
Tomorrow I'll do anywhere from 5-8, very easy! Another hard day on Sunday (lots of 1Ks). I should top out at 75 this week... then tapering down for the SF Half. Yaaaaay!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


1 comment:
Hey, I just foung your blog and I love, love, love it. I just started running last year and I think you will be another great source of inspiration for me.
Thanks for blogging!!!
Post a Comment