First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you to those who commented on yesterday's blog. I left you a message in the comments section but just wanted to reiterate how much I appreciate your kindness!
Today was a much better day. Sleeping 9 hours was KEY! I needed that. And tonight I will be asleep at a reasonable hour and sleep in. That's what the "Yessssss" is for. I get to sleep soundly every morning this week! I got my workouts from Miguel and he was not kidding when he said this week would be light and easy. My hardest workout is Wednesday and it really isn't hard at all. Just a mile at a relaxed 6:30 pace, 3 minutes recovery and then 4 x 400 at a :90 pace with 1 minute recoveries. Everything else the rest of the week is easy stuff with striders. He even said, "No tough core workouts this week, especially no burpees!" He knows I do CrossFit and that it can take a toll on ya'. So yessssss, I'm looking forward to easy stuff all week long!
JANETTE asked me yesterday in the comments about how I found Miguel as my coach. He is a local runner and I would always see him out and about training like a mad man for the Olympic Trials. He also is one of the managers at our Togo's Eatery so I'd see him there whenever we went in for good grub. We would always say hi to each other as we crossed paths while running. It's a small town and when you see other runners, you remember them. When I started working part time at our local running specialty store, he and his wife would come in regularly to see our store manager, with whom Miguel and his wife are close friends. One day we all talked about past races and upcoming races and goals and that's when I got the idea to seek his help for my next marathon. Our store manager asked him about it and he said yes.
I don't know why but I didn't really know how much he listened when I gave him my feedback on workouts, but I learned just the other day that he listens AND remembers everything! After doing a workout last week, I told him what my splits AND my heart rates were and he said something like, "Remember last month when your heart rate was much higher when you did a similar workout?" I was pleasantly surprised that he remembered the exact number because I looked it up in my log and he was right. He really does monitor my work. Yaaaaay!!!
Anyway, time to get ready for bed. Kids are sound asleep and my DH had a rough night at work last night and he's ready to crash. Thanks again for reading, everybody! Hugs!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


9 comments:
I just wanted to leave you a quick note to say that YOU are amazing. To an overworked, stressed, 9 and a half minute miler mom/wife/working woman like myself, you are an incredible inspiration! Keep up the great work!
so glad you are feeling better!!!! sometimes sleep is just what you need. glad you are able to get some in this weekend!!
i am definitely going to the expo on saturday so i will stop by and say hello!!!
So glad to hear you're feeling better. Sleep really does work wonders--sometimes I really take it for granted. Enjoy your cutback week!
Good times, GB! Rest up and get ready to explode on Sunday. I can't wait to see what you do. It's gonna be awesome!
You know... I just ran a 5k and got 3rd. Didnt expect anything special, then they came out with a big trophy!!! Why is it the first thing I thought about was your comment that you left me... "the more u run, the faster you get, the more prizes..." etc. Ok, now I'm starting to re-like this running thing again, LOL. I'm getting pressure to COMMIT to the full, i'm still nervous. I got Daniel's now. And yes, I know I have to "prepare, prepare, prepare". (yes I read the comments people leave). Thanks always for your positive encouragement... and like your friend said "GO OUT AND RUN THAT 19 MINUTE 5K"
Cool story about how you met your coach. I remember seeing him featured in RW. Sounds like a great guy.
Glad you got a good night's sleep and are feeling better today.
Glad you're feeling better GB
Good luck this weekend! Run hard! I'll be thinking of you and wishing I were running around instead of sitting in class all day. Go GB!
Thanks for posting on how you met your coach. I love small local stories like that. It's one of the great things about a small town.
Post a Comment