Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Week of REST

This week has been nice as far as any kind of training. I've taken it easy all week with some cross training via pool running (although those workouts are hard), and just plain rest. I haven't run since Saturday and I feel really good. In fact, I can't wait to get back to running and I know this little bit of rest is what I needed both mentally and physically.

The downside is that I've been eating everything I want (aka JUNK). I seem to eat better when I'm running more and running hard. I also get better sleep, etc., etc. But this week I told myself I'd enjoy whatever I feel like. Sometimes ya' just gotta not be so rigid about things. Okay... sometimes I just need not be so rigid about things. ;)

No big injuries to speak of, just minor aches and soreness here and there. Same old stuff that comes with the territory. I hope you are all enjoying AUGUST. My kids start school next week. I can't believe how fast the summer break has gone by.

3 comments:

Gettin Older said...

I had a week of non-running as well. (Came from a pulled back), and my kids have been in school for a week.

I'm ready to hit it again and let the back do what it will.

Have a great week! :)

Monica Cassier said...

Hi Geebs!

So great to be able to get back on your blog! Thanks for the invitation. I caught up on your valiant SF half (you are so bloody fast, Girl!!!) and loved reading how you worked the RunningSkirts booth - I bet they gave you a few items as a thank you. And you do wear their product well!

monica

John Fenton said...

Thanks for letting me in, GB. I feel much better now. :)

Now you just need to invite Ray. He's gone on Prozac to combat the depression caused by you not inviting him to your blog. ;)

Enjoy your rest. It is well earned.

John