Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Not much going on these days...

Hi! I'm thoroughly enjoying this month. I got all the Christmas shopping done, got all the Christmas cards mailed and now it's just time to enjoy the days ahead. I can't believe the end of 2008 is just around the corner. It's been another wonderful year with my family and friends. Life is really amazing. Thanks God, for all the blessings... thanks!

I've run several times since the CIM... very easy, no pressure. My body feels good for the most part. I'm eating a little better than I was in the weeks leading up to the CIM so my weight is coming back down. I'm also doing more general strength exercises, but I really just need to get back to doing the CrossFit workouts that are running-friendly. My body misses those!

But no rush, for now I'm going to eat, drink and be Merry! And thank the good Lord everyday for the love I have in my life. Absolutely irreplaceable.

I will start building back a solid base come January, for racing later in 2009. I will run hills, occasional tempo runs and weekly striders during the build up phase. Possibly a few races as time trials here and there, but my goal racing will take place in the fall... God willing. :)

I hope you're all having a wonderful December and that you all have the happiest of holidays.

4 comments:

L.A. Runner said...

Merry Christmas, GB!

Fishmagic said...

Have a nice holiday, Merry Christmas!!!

jen said...

Merry Christmas GB! Enjoy your December of recovery and celebration. :)

TiredMamaRunning said...

Glad you're taking it easy and enjoying yourself. Merry Christmas!