Believe me, I am far from religious. I try to practice my religion, but am not very good at it. However, I do have a lot of faith in God and in Christ. It's the CHURCH thing that takes practice. I've been attending though, and I always do feel better when I go. There is a sense of community at church and it kind of reminds me of the community among runners. I don't know why but it does. But moving on...
LENT. For those of you who observe, you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm am giving up Facebook and Runner's World Message Boards for 40 days! I DO NOT know how I will do it... but obviously by the good grace of God, I will. Facebook is so addicting, and I've been on the RWOL Message Boards since 2006! Wow. I can't believe it.
What I'm looking forward to this Lenten season is spending time with the people I cherish and love, and doing the things I cherish and love, without unnecessary distractions. I am already so distracted as it is! I hope to be a better mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend and community member after this. That's the goal... focus on things other than myself and my wants. Try to be selfless. But I will still be running and blogging, of course!
I'll be praying a lot for Cody Johnson, Mickey and Diane's youngest son. Please include him in your thoughts and prayers. He's just so young, too young.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


7 comments:
I understand about how addicting those two sites are. Be sure to let someone know just so people don't get worried about you.
wow, that is a SERIOUS Lent give up!
Great post! It's always great to have a proper perspective on life!
i dont know if i could give up FB :) although i totally agree with you, it does take away from other parts of my life. at least you will still be blogging :)
Facebook is so addicting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ok thanks Lil, I haven't started a FB account yet and I have to many other things going on that I will stay away from FB also :-)
Great post!! God Bless!
Wow! That'd be a hard for me!
Good luck with that. I think I'm giving up sweets - good for losing the extra pounds as well.
Post a Comment