I have 3 of the sweetest kids and a truly loving and selfless husband. At times they show more patience and love than I ever thought possible. I know I fail them many times when it comes to showing them the same. It is a flaw I have... one of many.
My primary goal is to lead by example, so that my family just KNOWS that God's spirit is present in my life and therefore, in our family and in their lives.
What I love about the next sentence is that it's true whether or not one believes in God:
The fruit of the spirit is Love, Joy, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23).
I believe that every person of every race, creed, color, etc., etc., has SPIRIT... and deep down everybody wants the virtues listed above to be a part of their lives. They want their spirits to shine! Some just need to be led toward that path.
When a person consistently practices walking in "the spirit" not just in their public life, but also when they're with their spouse and children (the ones closest to them), that person becomes a "leader." Leadership IS NOT power! The person who best serves his family, his loved ones, or his community will be a true leader.
I really want to best serve my family... it is my goal!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


2 comments:
Great word GB and a great reminder to all of us.
gaj
Beautiful words that proclaim truths that have withstood the tests of time.
Post a Comment