The running is going well! I've built some decent strength back and the best part of that is I am not dealing with any chronic pain issues like I had been after the 12K Across the Bay. I've been running within my means and have been very disciplined about that, and I believe that's why I haven't felt any nagging injuries lately. But I feel I've improved. Sure, my butt is still sore at times and every now and then my ankle will twinge but it's not like it was. The twinges and soreness are few and far between these days!
I have been working with a very experienced Masters runner who also has a family and knows what juggling is all about. I truly appreciate his wisdom, knowledge and flexibility. Following his advice has definitely brought back my joy for the sport and my eagerness to train and race. He's also reinforced the need to be patient in order to avoid getting injured again. Here is his blog.
I have a 10K coming up on Memorial Day. My goal is to finish as closely behind my team mates as possible, and to race as strong as I'm capable of. I am seriously the slowest woman on the team, but I don't care. They inspire me to train smart and race my best. And they are all super nice!
After the 10K I am aiming for the 2nd half of the SF Marathon at the end of July. I really loved that race last year and am excited to go back. I will probably be running some shorter races as tune ups, somewhere in between.
On a non-running related note, my older kids finally received their First Communion last Sunday. It was a good day for the family! Here are some pics.




6 comments:
Stay inspired, run fast and have a great race!
Glad you're feeling better ; good luck this coming weekend.
So glad things are going well for you!!!! Your fam is SOOOOOOOOO cute. I love the pics. Your daughter is beautiful, just like you!
Wonderful to hear that your running is coming together again. The family photos are beautiful! :D
Yo! Glad to read things are going well. Great pics of the family! Love you.
What a joy! To see your children receive their first communion. Awesome!
Post a Comment