Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some SF Race picture proofs

You can see my progression from feeling good to feeling the hurt!





Taken by MarathonFoto.com

7 comments:

Ms Eva said...

These are great! You are one tough chica! :D

Girl In Motion said...

Smokin' hot, GB!

Bong said...

Nice running form. Great pictures.

L.A. Runner said...

Cool pics! Is that one of those titanium necklaces like Paula wears?

Michelle Thoe said...

Great pictures!! A lean, mean,(in a good way, like tough) running machine. Do you carbo load the same before a half as a full marathon but scale it down a bit? I am running a half marathon here in MN tomorrow and never sure exactly how much to eat. Especially since I expect a goal time. Just curious. Have a great day!

GB said...

Thanks Makita, GIM, Bong, LAR & Michelle. :)

LAR, yes that's a Phiten Titatium Necklace. I have the X30 model and it since I've been wearing it (April), I don't have chronic back pains anymore. It's supposed to promote blood flow in the body. Too bad it doesn't make a person run faster!

Michelle, in the 2-3 days leading up to a longer distance race like a half or a full marathon, I will eat a carbohydrates with every meal and drink lots of water, and usually 20 oz. of sports drink per day. I will wake up 3 hours before the gun and eat the same thing for breakfast for a half and a full... but for the full I will also eat instant oatmeal as well as a bagel with peanut butter. I try to be done eating by 2.5 hours before the gun. I will drink water and one cup of coffee with breakfast. About an hour and a half before the gun I will sip sports drink and stop about 40:00 before the gun. After that I only take sips if my mouth feels dry.

Michelle Thoe said...

Thanks so much. I am as nervous as a cat but having a plan certainly helps. I followed your eating plan pre-marathon for Green Bay and PR'd. Also felt great the entire race. It's very inspiring to read your blog and I really appreciate it. Michelle