Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

First ice bath of the training cycle



I just started my 24 week Lydiard based training with a May tune up marathon in mind, to be followed up in October or December with my goal marathon of the year. Anyway, I'll be keeping the overall mileage at about 60 per week and will have 3 peak weeks of 70 miles. I'll re-evaluate after the tune up in May and if all is going well, I'll begin a new training cycle averaging 70 per week with 3 peak weeks of about 80-85. But I'm getting ahead of myself. This week will only be 45 miles when Sunday has come and gone... and here I am already in need of an ice bath! Our pool is already a chilly 56 degrees. It's going to be a looooong winter training cycle. LOL!

6 comments:

L.A. Runner said...

Question. What's the picture with the orange legs? I think you might have on some sort of heavy pants, but not really sure. Glad you are running strong! Keep up the good work!

Girl In Motion said...

How exciting! Nothing as fun as starting a brand new training cycle. Cool that it's Lydiard-based, too. Looking forward to following your training. Brrr, that looks cold.

GB said...

Thanks gals!
Rebecca... I didn't realize it looked so orange. That's the late afternoon sun. :-)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

lol burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! that's a big ICE Bath you guys installed, where is the pool? hmm must be on the other side of your estate- hehe

Love Ice Baths GB, they really have helped me! Happy Training Season!!

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Glad to hear you're doing so well GB! (I wish I could be there with you -can't seem to shake this plantar fasciitis). It sounds like you have a great plan. Take care of yourself!

Cynthia

Chelsea said...

Brrrrrrr... good luck on your new training cycle.