Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Been a While

I don't even know if anyone reads this anymore, but that's okay. I feel like blogging today. It's been about 11 weeks since I started the Strong Like Bull Winter Training and I feel pretty strong.  I have a race tomorrow to test my fitness and I have to admit I'm nervous. It's an 8K (just under 5 miles) and I don't really know what my goal for it is except that I want to give it at least 95% (that will allow for some relaxation on the run). I would rather run relaxed than rigid!

I haven't been blogging because there's just not that much to write about. I've been busy reevaluating my life and my goals (outside of running) and weighing all my options. Do I want to go back to full time police work? Do I want to go back to school and get my Masters? Do I want to do a triathlon (haha). I feel like I'm a teenager again, trying to figure out what direction I want to take in life. Is this 'mid-life crisis?'  Ick.

At least the family is good!  It's Lent (I'm Catholic), and I'm not really sure that I'm the fasting-from-certain-food type of person. I just love too many kinds of food. So... I'm just trying to avoid actions, thoughts, words, etc., that drive a wedge between me and God. I'm just trying to live the way He wants me to;  with joy.

I found this short prayer the other day from Thomas More: "Give us the grace, O Lord, to work for what we pray for." Those words hit me in the heart!  I want to earn God's blessings, and not expect them.

Okay, I guess I'll come back tomorrow with some kind of race update. Or maybe not. ;)

6 comments:

209Mike said...

Good to hear from you GB! I'm still paying attention. Good luck with your race! And don't sweat the mid-life "crisis" decision. It will come to you. Enjoy your run tomorrow.

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Please let us know how it goes! It's inspiring to read about your training and successes, even though I could never keep up with you!

Good luck!

Cynthia

L.A. Runner said...

Glad you are doing well!!! Run strong and have fun, okay? Also, I think your view on the Lent thing is great! I'm doing something similar- avoiding negative thoughts at all costs.

DogPound said...

I really like your idea of working towards something rather that giving up something for Lent.

Unknown said...

I still read! :) How did the race go?

Ms Eva said...

I'm still here! Can't wait to read about your race.