Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

12 Mile Run

I ran in the rain and it was quite peaceful actually. The first 4 miles were at a good recovery pace of 9:15. Then on the turnaround, another runner came up from behind on the same trail and said, "What are you training for?" I said, "Boston." He said, "Me too."

Turns out he was out for a 16 mile run today. Since we were running the same trail, we ended up running the next 8 miles together. He knows a few runners that I know or had heard about, so we were able to talk shop during the run. His "easy" pace was about 8 minute miles, so I told myself to dig in and run with him. I ended up doing the last 8 of my 12 at an 8:07 pace. Apparently his marathon PR is 3:11! This April will also be his first Boston.

Anyway, it felt good to push the pace a bit, especially over a longer run like that. I'm definitely going to rest tomorrow and gear up for some hill work on Tuesday. I'm tired, and craving ice cream!
TOTAL MILES: 12
WEEKLY TOTAL: 31.1

3 comments:

Running2BFree said...

I find running in the rain is like a cleansing....plus it shows your dedication! Congrats on your run today with that pace! Although I looked at some of your other runs .....damn you are FAST :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

lol YES this is one fast Mommy...

That was cool to meet a person during your RUN that is doing BOSTON also, very neat... and how you kept that pace up with him for 8 miles. I Run alone most of the time, last week I ran with someone for a few miles and had to talk I felt good but running and talking takes practice I am soo not use to it--lol

ENJOY that Ice cream you deserve it!!

I love the way GOD works putting you 2 together to run for a bit today and share a common goal of the Boston race. You know this run today will carry some good weight with your future trainings over the next few months, you will recall today!!

Arron said...

very nice run and great weekly total!!