Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Need Some Sleep

I thank God.
I survived a night on patrol and made it home safely to my sleeping family and warm house. What a night lastnight. Very busy, very violent. My partner and I were first to arrive on scene at a shooting. Multiple victims had been shot, and one stabbed. Fortunately none of their injuries were life threatening. One was critical, but stable. Overall a hectic night, but the shift went by fast. I'm so glad to be home.

After getting only 3-1/2 hours sleep, I've decided to take most of this day to rest and lay low. I'll probably even take a nap (or two). Tomorrow is a 13-miler with a Fast Finish (last 2-3 miles at Tempo pace). I feel bad skipping church this week. But we'll be going next week.

TOTAL MILES: 0

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a busy night!!


You definitely deserve the day off!


Have A Great Week!

Anonymous said...

Good Lord...you need a vacation after that! :-)

seagull junker said...

Were you wearing you're heart rate monitor? Just kidding. My sister in-law is a police dispatcher and when she was working at a small rural town many years ago they would use her to go on drug raids to "show" numbers when they would surround a house. She obviously was there just to stay on the perimeter but even she would say it was exciting.

She still works the night shift because there is more action in the evening.

Glad you are safe!
tom riley

vanessa40 said...

Hope you enjoyed your rest day :)

GB said...

Tom you're too funny! I imagine my heart rate was probably pretty high when we first arrived and saw the shooting victim, then another, then another, then a stabbing victim. Just another day at work I guess.

That is great that your sis gets to go "play" with the officers! She must love her job!