This is what I do within 30 minutes or so after a hard run. I sit in a chilly pool for about 10 minutes (no more than that) and it really alleviates a lot of soreness and swelling. If I didn't do this, I imagine I'd be much more sore. I might take a full rest day today instead of running the 45-60 minutes on schedule. I'm going to work later this afternoon and need all the extra energy I can get. Somehow wearing a duty belt and armored vest for 10 hours doesn't sound appealing right now because my torso and upper body are a little sore, but I am looking forward to being out there on patrol again.
Be safe and have a great Saturday!
TOTAL MILES: 0


6 comments:
You look so comfy on that pool w/ a drink in your hand. Enjoy your rest day. With all the hard training you did this week, You deserve it!
I can't bear the thoughts of that chilly pool. You have my respect girl. I may someday attempt to get used to an ice bath. Maybe after the Tampa Marathon.
I might match you on your 2007 mile quest. My biggest year was 1996 with 2000 miles. In '05 I had 1842 and '06 was an injury shortened year at 907 miles.
Have a wonderful day!!!
Ray
Thanks Jojit!
Hey Ray. Thanks for visiting the blog again. The ice baths are tought at first, but once you get used to them and feel the benefits, you'll jump in again and again.
I really don't know if I'll make that 2007 goal, but I'm certainly going to give it my best shot. 1996 is A LOT OF MILES! I'd be happy getting to that!
I haven't tried a cold bath after a long run (sorry ho pool). The though of it sounds pretty painful, but you look like you're enjoying it somehow....hmmmm, maybe I'll give that a shot instead of bio-freeze.
Post a Comment