Just a recovery 4 Miler today, followed by 6 x 100 meter strides. It's a rest day at CrossFit too. Going to enjoy the day with family and run later.
I checked the official results for the 5K I ran Sunday, and my chip time was 22:19. I finished 30th overall out of over 200 runners. Second overall female. The more I think about that race, the more grateful I feel. Running is truly a gift from God. I often think of the many people out there who can't run because of illness, injury or physical disability. In a lot of ways I run for them. I might not know them personally, but their spirits lift me when I run.
Here are some fun pictures I've been meaning to share.

I took this picture after a run the other day when I was standing waist deep in our chilly pool. I thought the reflection of the trees was beautiful. Those cottonwood trees were planted by my husband's dad. I tell the kids they're "Grandpa's trees."

Here's my little guy reading. I love it when he does that!

He's so happy because he knows he's about to chow down on some grub.

There's my little girl! This was taken the night before the marathon I ran in December. Loading up on those carbs was the BEST! I polished the meal of raviolis off with some cheesecake, my favorite dessert.
TOTAL MILES: 4
5 comments:
You have the most beautiful family -- inner beauty and outer beauty too. :)
Hi GB (sillylillie) - Msmak here from Nicole's body site. Just wanted to check in with you... I've been following your blog here and find it inspiring! My New Year's resolution is to keep running. Not doing anything noteworthy yet but am signed up for a half marathon in May in Vancouver BC. I'll just be happy if I finish! Hubby's knee is doing better and he's doing it too. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and let you know that your blogs inspire me to KEEP MOVING! Thanks! Best wishes, Makayle
MsMak!!! So great to hear from you. I think about a lot of the great gals over there on Nicole's site quite often and I'm so glad you (and your hubby) are doing well. Please continue to touch base every now and then when you have time. I wish you the BEST with the marathon in May. You are so fast, you will rock it!
Athena, you are a sweetheart. Thanks so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it! :)
That is what I thought last June at mile 4 of WS100. I was just thankful to be able to run and not even knowing if I could even finish that day. I was sooooo emotional right then. Much more so than when I crossed the finish line. I think I said at least a dozen prayers running that day and I can't count the number of "thank you's". Yes, we are given a gift. Congrats on the race!
thanks,
tom riley
Post a Comment