I miss running the trails in the foothills of where I used to live. It's flat as a pancake here so I do hill training on a treadmill at the gym. Oh well, at least it's running, and I'd gladly live here with my husband and family anyday than over there without them!
I ran 9 miles with 20 minutes total uphill time. I varied the inclines from 4.5% to 7.5%, and varied speeds from 8:50 - 9:00 minute miles. I ran each incline for 1 minute and ran a 1.5% incline in between for 1 minute recovery. My left shin started to feel sore toward the end so I slowed to a 9:00 pace and it felt better. As soon as I got home, I heated coffee and sat in the 40 degree pool for 10 minutes. That is warmer than it has been! It actually felt great, no joke.
Yesterday I did a little CrossFit cross training. Hand Stand Push Ups (HSPU) combined with Deadlifts. I did it here at home using the gate around the pool in the backyard to assist me with the HSPU, and since I don't have a barbell, I used dumbells for the deadlifts (that probably doesn't count, but it's something). I did three rounds of 12 reps for the HSPU and three rounds of 21, 15 and 10 reps for the deadlifts. I barely moved 2-3 inches toward the ground on those hand stand push-ups, but they were a good challenge and kinda fun.
Have a happy Wednesday!
TOTAL MILES: 9


5 comments:
Hey, I've got an idea -- you can work out for both of us. :)
You are DRIVEN. I love it!
Whew, I tired just reading your blog...LOL! Is that you in that handstand pushup pic? If so, your stomach kicks ass!
In case anyone was wondering, the lady in the picture of the hand stand push up is Shari, a CrossFit instructor. The link to her blog is www.sharikeener.blogspot.com
She's an awesome athlete and excellent runner too!
Believe me, I had seem this blog entry before posting mine. But is it ever similar! Had my first trail running experience yesterday and simply LOVED IT!!
Bryan
There once was a Big Guy
I'm going to try those handstand pushups...thanks
Post a Comment