Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Mike's Fire

The other night, Mike's station got a big fire. I was amazed at some of the pictures. Overall about 80 firefighters were there to finally get it under control. For about two hours during the blaze, Mike said every single one of the 80 firefighters was actively working the fire. After that two hour point, they were able to rotate in some breaks, except Mike's crew. They worked the fire straight through. Someone forgot to break them. He was one tired (but happy) man yesterday!

Today was a rest day from running, so I did what I could for the CrossFit workout. I did 4 sets of 10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups, 30 sit-ups and 40 squats, with 3 minutes rest between each set (not each exercise). I made some modifications for the pull ups. You know what, it took me 25 minutes and some odd seconds to complete the exercises and when I was done I felt like I had run a freaking race. Something about working the core muscle groups gets me every time. I obviously need to work on that more for overall strength.

Back to running tomorrow, then I get to go have fun in uniform for Fat Tuesday.

2 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

WOW that was a BLAZEN'... Glad everyone of the fighters were safe even though a bit tired :-) not an easy job what they do ...thanks Mike and all the Firefighters for what you do!!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear no one got hurt from the fire!

You call your day a rest day even with thos workouts!?!