After mass I went for the scheduled 14 mile run. The sun was bright and the weather perfect. The first 4 miles I ran in 37:15 (9:18 pace), the 2nd 4 miles I ran in 35:56 (8:58 pace, and the last 6 miles I ran in 51:00 (8:30 pace). The entire 14 was finished in 2:03:55 for an overall pace of 8:51. Somewhere around Mile 10 I felt nauseous and queasy, but it passed.
When I came home, Mike, the kids and I ran/walked 1 mile together. My older son has a little cold so he was tired, but he did it. My daughter ran the whole way. She's a little animal. Mike went out and sprinted around the neighborhood after we all got back.
My feet, ankles and knees are sore. I need to start taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin everyday. I'm old. Time to stand in the cold pool and then shower and lay low for the Super Bowl.
Just a LITTLE cold in that pool... brrrrrrrrrrr.
TOTAL MILES: 15
Weekly Total: 45.8


3 comments:
Hi, thanks so much for featuring TheFinalSprint.com's Quote of the Day on your site.
If you are interested, we are creating an image that you can embed in your page tht will feature our quotes of the day (and look a lot cooler than just a normal link!).
We also have one available for our podcasts. Send me an email if you are interested and thanks again for your support!
Take care,
Adam Jacobs
--
Adam Jacobs
Editor-in-Chief
TheFinalSprint.com
adam@thefinalsprint.com
Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Momma looks like another great RUN...Well DONE!! I am gonna pick it up this week, my knee feels good today after a 2hour run yesterday so I am pretty excited. Still gonna make sure I ICE after every run and maybe a few times a day :-)
My running coach has me using RECOVERITE it's made by Hammer after my runs, a recovery drink...and use HEED during my runs, the reason she is a big fan of these two products is NO sugars or very very low and all natural.
also got the trigger tail massage roll which was recommended from an ULTRA machine Lisa Bliss... u can find her site on my blog Lisa B, she is the one that wrote that GREAT post about WEIRDNESS...it's soooo funny
Have a good night,
Bob
If you're old, then I want to know one thing: when do I get to be old? You guys look fantastic!
Post a Comment