Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Virtual Hill Running...Again

Today I hit the "hills" on a treadmill. Wasn't able to drive to my parent's house to run their hills due to everybody being sick this week. I have 10 miles on tap along with a warm up and cool down. I'm going to try running the first 5 at a decline and then work on uphills for the last 5, to mimic Boston's course, which is slightly downhill for about 16 miles, slightly uphill for about 4-5, then flat to the finish. I'll post the mileage after it's done.

I'll also be teaching Just Run today at the kid's school. I taught my son's class on Tuesday and talk about ENERGY! I love hearing the kids say, "Can we run faster? Can we race? Can we run some more?" Yes, yes, and yes.

Have a nice day!

After Run Update:
Okay, knocked the run out as planned.
1.5 mile warm up, 5 miles at 0 incline @ 8:00 pace, 5 miles with hills @ 8:30 pace, 1 mile cool down.
The hills were run for 1/4 mile each (about 2 minutes 15 seconds each) at an 8:34 pace with a 2-1/2 to 3 minute recovery run between. Did 4%, 5%, 5.5%, 6%, and 7%.
The last 1-1/2 to 2 miles were run between 8:05 and 8:12 pace.
I think the most difficult part of the run was the last 2 miles. My legs were getting tired and the top of my left foot HURT. I have to look that up and see what it is.

Teaching the kids was fun today. They ran very well and earned a penny per lap. They were happy about that. One of them said, "Wow, I'm getting paid to run these laps!" Hmmm, do we have some future "elite professional" runners in the group? :)

TOTAL MILES: 12.5

2 comments:

vanessa40 said...

Good luck on your run this weekend. Take care :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that. Did I ever mentioned I have yet to run a mile on a treadmill? I would not even know how to turn it on! Yup, I'll take running in -35 celcius with wind like I did on Monday night before a treadmill. I salute you for using it... and keeping your sanity!

BK
There once was a Big Guy