It was hard to get out there today. I procrastinated as long as I could and at about Noon, the rain started to fall and I knew I had to get out there and run. I'm glad I did! I used my new running shoes today, ASICS Gel-Speedstars. AWESOME, AWESOME shoe. I'm so glad I bought them. Very lightweight and very supportive. I can't wait to race in them.
Every week you'll see this same workout. Next week I'll add 2 more .63 mile repeats. Eventually I'll be doing 8-10 half-mile repeats in between the goal pace and tempo pace runs.
Today's speed work:
1 mile warm up, easy pace
3.11 miles @ 8:20 pace.
4 x .63 mile loop 4:04, 4:02, 4:01, 4:02 (the splits at the half mile were 3:06, 3:09, 3:04, 3:05).
3.28 miles at 23:37 (avg 7:12 pace)--> (1st tempo mile @ 7:05, middle 1.28 miles @ 7:26, 3rd @ 7:00).
1 mile cool down, recovery pace
I feel stronger. Yes, the workout was hard but it felt good doing it. Running is so MENTAL. I guess I'm a mental case. ;) But really, you have to talk yourself through those tough runs. You've gotta pray to God for help to get through them. You've gotta push yourself to improve. And you WILL improve, God willing!
Time to stretch and then hang with the family. My favorite!!!
TOTAL MILES: 10.9
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


7 comments:
Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. I added a link to your blog from my page.
I really enjoy reading your blog. I have not read all of it but plan on reading through more of it tonight on my midnight shift at work.
Keep up the good work. Phil 4:13
I like th way you mention about running being mental. Lately, I find myself praying before and after I run and repeating to myself "I love hills" every time I go through even the smallest hill during my run.
LOL...you made me laugh...a mental case...yeah me too..hope you are having a great day :)
Vanessa
Hey Speed Momma, I need to get to a running store and have them measure my feet and see which ones are best for me...the ones I have now are giving me some blisters on the tips of my toes so they are off a bit :-(
Lisa B got me turned on to the TIGER TAIL MASSAGER, like a rolling pin, I like it only been using for 4 days now... so we will see, maybe I will get that foam rollar also... How is your knowledge on TRIGGER POINTS? that workbook I got is amazing Lisa B ordered it now...
www.triggerpointbook.com I think is the link the book is $20 workbook and good illustrations and SELF Help tips....MY KNEE it totally from trigger points in my QUADS...aches should be gone comeplety in 2 more days... and if I keep my quads trigger point areas massaged I should be good.
go to that site when U get a chance.
Great job on your workouts ...speedy :-)
Bob
That's a great workout. You are headed to a P.R. in Boston with that kind of speed going!
Wow! That is a tough workout. I run a track workout every Wednesday evening with a couple guys. We usually don't get more aggressive than three or four 800s.
What sort of recovery do you do between the .63 loops?
Thanks for the comments guys and gals. Nuke, I briskly walked for a 2-1/2 minute recovery between the loops. It was just enough time to catch my breath. I like the workout and I'm hoping it will help me finally break the 22 minute 5K barrier I haven't been able to crack!
Post a Comment