I've got a migraine now so bear with any typos. I just wanna say, thank God that run is over!
I ran 22 starting at 10:30 a.m. Kinda warm out, but not too bad. Here's how each 4 mile split turned out:
1-4: 9:11 pace
5-8: 8:45
9-12: 8:23
13-16: 8:01 (marathon goal pace)
17-20: 7:39
Mile 21: 7:55 (wanted desperately to walk)
Mile 22: 7:48 (said screw it, I'm almost home)
Finish Time: 3:03:41, avg overall pace of 8:20
I wanted to see if I could hold marathon goal pace for the last 10 miles, and I'm happy I did. My legs didn't feel heavy until I stopped. Of course I can barely walk now. I'm going to soak in the cold pool and stretch a lot and nurse this darned migraine!
A wonderful thing happened just before Mile 21. I saw my daughter and her classmates warming up on the field at their school. They were going to run an obstacle course their teacher set up. I yelled hello to all of them, and while I stopped at the traffic signal they all chanted, "Go Mrs. L! Go Mrs. L!" over and over until the light changed. It was so sweet and gave me some much needed energy.
TOTAL MILES: 22
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


13 comments:
Wow, another strong long run. But who wouldn't finish strong with that cheering squad at mile 21. Good luck at Boston!
Great job! I hope your legs and your head are feeling better. =)
Man. You blow me away. So awesome!
That was an inspiring run. Do take care of the migraine...I used to get them a lot before I started running, and sometimes will get them if I overexert.
Headed for 20 miles myself this weekend...I will keep you in my thoughts for inspiration.
Great long run. You should feel very confident about your marathon pace for Boston. Hope the headache gets better. Maybe a sledgehammer would help...lol
sorry to read you get migraines. hope you feel better soon. :)
sweeeeeeet!!! You are more than ready to throw it down at Boston. Awesome time for a long run!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job.
tom riley
Awesome long run! You are going to be ready for Boston. Don't let the taper drive you crazy. I hope I can start upping my mileage now. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Billy
Yes Lil good to be back and out of that snowwwww....
Great Run!! and very cool about the kids cheering you on :-)
This week is big for me to get back on my runs, geesh I ran one day on the trails up in NJ and that was it so need to get back in the mode!
ciao,
Bob
Wow!!! I am so impresed with your running. I don't think I will ever run as fast as you! Way to go!!
Nice Run Lil!!!
And what a nice cheering section :)
You are going to rock Boston!!!
Have A Great Week!
G
Wow! I am always so impressed by your runs & workouts! You are so inspirational!
Thanks everyone! I am really getting excited about Boston. I found out my bib number today and it's all becoming very real, no longer just a goal or a dream. I appreciate your pats on the back because they really inspire me to keep training hard!
MACHINE!!!! great run. later.
Post a Comment