Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Easy" Hills for St. Patrick's Day

Just wanted to log yesterday's run before I forgot. We went to my parent's house to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday, and before everybody arrived I was able to get a 6 mile run in on their hills. I purposely went at an easy pace, basically only speeding up on the downhill because I let momentum carry me while practicing form. I finished at a 9:00 minute pace exactly. I ran it from just after 12 Noon to just after 1 p.m., and it was HOT. Ugh, running in heat is not my favorite.

Resting today with the kids. It's another beautiful day outside. I am trying to gear up for a 22-mile run I have on tap for tomorrow which will finish out my peak week. Then I get to cut back to about 45 miles the next week, then 35 per week until Boston. I feel so ready!

YESTERDAY'S TOTAL: 6

1 comment:

keith said...

i hope you're still feeling ready!

i also can't believe that it's "hot" where you are...we're still dipping into the 20's at night.

i'm excited for you! you're obviously doing everything you can to make sure you're in peak condition!

doesn't it feel like time is just flying by? you'll be in boston before you know it!