Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday Before Boston




I got up early and ran 9 miles at 6:45 a.m. I didn't run on Easter because I was having too much fun with the family! Anyway, there is something to be said about running right at sunrise when you can watch the some come up over the houses and feel its warmth. You can hear the birds sing loudly instead of being drowned out by the cars. You can feel the cool air turn a little warmer with the sunshine. Oh it is so special and I highly recommend it! I ran 2 miles warm-up, 4 miles at an 8:08 pace, and 3 miles easy. I finished the 9 in 1:18:22 with an overall average pace of 8:42 It felt great.

TOTAL MILES: 9
WEEKLY TOTAL: 30.2

9 comments:

Mir said...

I love those runs that just make you feel so glad to be alive.

One week to Boston! I can't wait to read the race report! =)

SoberMommie said...

Counting down to Boston! I am so excited for you. I will have to live this experience through you because I will never get there. Hope you don't mind =) Have a great week. And Happy (late) Easter.

Unknown said...

It looks like your family had a great Easter!

I am soo jealous of your beautiful pink flowers :) -- Snow flurries here today :(


Have A Great Week!

God Bless

G

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Countdown time !! Nice run and have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I've been "lurking" around your blog for a while now through your Boston training, but haven't yet commented. I just wanted to wish you good luck this coming weekend. I hope your Boston experience is all you wish it to be!

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

Anonymous said...

Hi GB!!! I've been faithfully reading your posts as you go along. I can't believe you're down to 1 week! I'll be watching for you and cheering you on from Seattle. God Bless.
>>MsMak
PS - I know I've seen you put your bib number on here but now I can't find it...

Ms Eva said...

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to skip the planned Sunday run. I didn't get mine in though... I commend you. Great run!

Just one week! I'm so excited for you. I have a post-it on my fridge calendar w/ your bib #, hoping I'll be able to catch a glimpse, but then you might be too fast! :)

seagull junker said...

yea, put your bib# up. i forget it. we will all be "watching" you on patriots day.

remember, negative elevation gain of 442 feet for the course and heartbreak hill is only a gain of 80. piece-o-cake.

it's pr time baby

go ahead and throw it down in beantown.

GB said...

All of you guys and gals are great! Thanks for constantly rootin' for me to run well in Boston. I need that! Thank you!!!

Meghan, hope you come back and visit again. I will check out your blog too. :)

Tom, you just put some confidence back in me. As I run through the Newton Hills my mantra will be, "Piece-o-cake." I know that will help me!