Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Ultra, You Asked???

I was perfectly content for the longest time with marathons and shorter distances, but after reading blogs like Catra's, Bob's, Tom's and Keith's (did I miss anybody? YES, OCRunnergirl), I developed an interest in Ultras. I kept telling myself, "Someday." Then I learned about a local ultra called Quicksilver 50K-50, in San Jose in May. But I'm not prepared for it this year. I'd really like to face the challenge next May though! I have to do more research on Ultra training though.

Thursday I ran a great little tempo run. I started with 1 mile warm-up, ran 3.32 at a 7:17 pace, then cooled down with 1 mile. It felt great to speed things up.

Today I worked 12.5 hours with my friend, Lisa. It was busy, hectic, crazy, all that fun stuff. I'm tired and will rack it as soon as I log off. No running tomorrow, and Pat's Run on Sunday.

Goodnight, friends! God Bless!

YESTERDAY'S TOTAL: 5.32

1 comment:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Have a great Pat's run GB on Sunday!!

Good News about you thinking about Ultra's and planning on one or maybe two--lol next year :-)

You will do awesome!

Olga is running a tough ultra race today -Zane Grey!! labeled as one of the toughest 50 milers in the world...

so you can check out her race report next week...Olga is an awesome Ultra runner & from her site you will be linked to many more great Ultra blogs to learn from :-)

Olga's Sites

Also review my coach's blog also Lisa Smith Batchen she has awesome reports as well from her & her clients.
Coach's Sites