Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Wish For Good Luck...

I felt pretty sick yesterday and while couped up on the couch, my kids surprised me with a great good luck gift. Their stepmom, Carrie, helped them with it. It instantly brightened my day. They even took the socks to our church and had the pastor bless them! I love that!!!

More rest for me today. Let's hope I shake this bug completely before Monday. But it looks like I'll be running in a big storm anyway. The hopes for a new PR might get thrown out depending on the weather. Such is life. Maybe God meant for me to simply enjoy the Boston Marathon instead of race it with all my might. Either way, I'll do the best I can.

11 comments:

keith said...

I hope you feel better soon...it might actually be fun to run in a little stormy weather. That's what we've been dealing with here!

God speed in Boston!!! I hope you enjoy every second of it while you're there.

I also want to thank you for all of the encouragement you have given me during my training...It is well appreciated.

seagull junker said...

the only way you MIGHT not get a pr if it was hot like a few years ago. rain will not slow you down. the projected temp WILL produce a PR. being a little sick won't matter either. just have to be in the right mind set. be sick before and after that is it.

you've done the training. throwing down a PR on patriots day is in the bag.

let us know your bib # so we can "watch" you on the web monday.

have fun first and formost of course.
tom

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Sweet Gift bag, Great Gift from the the kids!....

GB Have you ever tried those TOE socks by Injinji?...I just started to use them last month, they helped me with some blisters... not that u would use them for Boston with all that speed it will take a while for a blister to catch up to ya--HAHA

But maybe try after Boston on one of your longer runs, anyways hope ur feeling better and yes please get us the BIB number so we can follow along :-) and CHEER you on !!

Nuke Runner said...

What a great gift!

Good luck! Don't worry too much about the forecast. New England weather can change pretty fast. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Be prepared for cold, windy and rainy and conditions (and whatever other conditions you can imagine).

Anonymous said...

feel better and all the very best on monday! you'll do great...as usual! have fun!

p.s. are you still on my space?

Unknown said...

That was really sweet for Carrie to do that with the kids. I'm sure you're going to do GREAT!! I'll be thinking of you. Wish I could be there to cheer you on this year. Next time. Love ya!

GB said...

Okay, I'm not going to let a little rain and wind dampen my spirits in Boston. I'm gonna throw down as mtnrunR put it. 5 days and counting!

Bob, believe it or not, I never get blisters! Now I just jinxed myself.

Nuke, I am so glad to hear from another seasoned Boston runner. Thanks for your input too!

Keith, reading your blog inspires me too. How's your taper? I'm going to check out your blog in a bit.

Maxe, thanks sis for the faith! I love you too!

Anonymous,not on MySpace anymore. Just blogger.

Billy said...

Good luck. I will pray for good weather for the race. Don't forget to post your bib number so we can follow you online.

StogieHog

Stogie - I have about a couple thousand dollars worth of cigars that I collect. Every now and then I smoke one but not too often.

Hog - The Washington Redskins offensive line in the 80's were nicknamed the HOGS.

Mir said...

Haha, don't worry...there are a couple of mostly flat routes around here and I will be running on those this week. The quad is doing great!

Sounds like the weather will bring out the best in you, GB. You are such a strong person and a little adversity isn't going to prevent you from having a great race. You are going to be awesome!

JWU42 said...

GB - Best of luck on Monday and I certainly hope you feel better.

Trust in your training and do not allow the weather to be a factor - mind over matter.

Following your journey to Boston has been so much fun. Again, thank you for sharing!

GB said...

Thanks jwu!