Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Big Time Muscle Soreness

Interesting day as far as running goes. I was going to do the Spinning class at the gym tonight but changed my mind at the last minute and decided to go on a recovery run. I had felt a little soreness throughout the day, but nothing too bad. Ha ha ha on me! From the first step of my run, my normal stride was reduced to a shuffle. My thighs were so stiff and tight. I couldn't lengthen my stride at all. It felt like my ankles were chained and my legs had been dipped in cement. That's the beauty of delayed onset muscle soreness. Obviously the track sprints did a number on my legs. I managed 3.2 miles at a very slow pace. I'm even more stiff now. Tomorrow I swim!

TOTAL MILES: 3.2

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I bet that swim will feel good.

SoberMommie said...

I feel your pain!! I've had those runs too. I think that swim will do you good =)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey GB, Hope U recover well!!


Do U take any recovery drinks??

a great one that I use after hard workouts is recoverite from HAMMER...

awesome product that was highly recommended by my Coach...she has been using it for years as well as a lot of her endurance buddies...it works!!

ur workouts are intense & getting more intense I really think you benefit greatly from a good recovery drink.

jen said...

Ouch, I do know that feeling! Great job kicking butt on the track, and have fun on your swim tomorrow!

vanessa40 said...

I have not been swimming in ages...have fun...i hpe your legs feel better...

DawnB said...

Hope the swim helped today