Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Time for some zzzzzzzzzzzz's

What a day. I'm pooped. I cleaned and scrubbed every inch of our bathrooms today. And when the baby was down for his afternoon nap, I swam for 45 minutes. Even though I'm feeling better in the pool, I know I still have much to work on. I just have to be patient and focus on form when I'm in there. And one of these days I need to get over my fear of open water swimming, and workout in a lake! I like swimming because it feels like such a good overall body workout, and ya' can't beat that! But running is still my first love.

Lastnight before bed I did the CrossFit warm up for some easy core strengthening. Today I was still a little sore from the track workout on Wednesday, but I stretched a lot this evening. I'll take a full rest day tomorrow (no doin' nothin' except more housecleaning, situps and pushups), and get a 10-miler on the books for Saturday.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Your workouts are such an inspiration. Keep up the great work.

GonnaGoRun said...

Hiya! Good to hear you're enjoying your swim workouts! I read your comment on my blog about wanting swimming advice. Ha! I doubt I'm qualified to provide advice on technique. I can tell you what really helped me though! I bought the book and DVD from total immersion and they were really helpful. If i remember correctly, if you buy the DVD, you get a discount on the book. If you don't mind spending some time on the drills in the DVD, and really making sure you take your time working through them and only moving on to the next set of drills when you're ready...I am willing to bet you'd improve a lot! I mean, I couldn't swim more than 50 yds consecutively and now I can do over 1000. You can also check out the message boards on the total immersion website. You might find some valuable tips on there. http://www.totalimmersion.net

Good luck and keep us posted!!

GB said...

Hi JK, I hope all is well with you. :-)

Gonnagorun, thanks so much for the information. I will check out the Total Immersion website and probably buy the instructional DVD. Keep up the great swimming!