What a great weekend! I hope you all had fun as well. I took a day of rest on Friday, which was MUCH needed. By Saturday morning the soreness in my legs was gone. So I got on my running garb and headed out to meet with our city's local running club. I'm so glad I did! I ended up running 6 miles with 2 ladies around my age, and we finished at an 8:30 pace. Prior to that I had run 3 miles on my own, and then a mile back to my home afterward.
When I showed up, there was a group of over 20 runners standing there along with some of their kids on bicycles. It was so great to see so many people encouraging each other to run early on a Saturday morning. At the end of the run, I turned over my membership form and membership fee and I will be joining the group on regular runs now. I'm very happy to not have to go it alone all the time. And quite a few of them also ran Boston this year!
Saturday afternoon we had my son's birthday party and that was a lot of fun. I ate WAAAAY too much cake. Sunday I went to work and took another rest day from running. Today I will run 6 miles and do CrossFit, and tomorrow I run 8 with the Law Enforcement Torch Run for the Special Olympics in our area.
LAST WEEK'S TOTAL MILES: 23
TODAY'S MILES: 6
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


1 comment:
tell me more about the delayed onset muscle soreness...i ran hard saturday and felt great sunday, now today i am very stiff muscle-wise...wtf?
you'd think you'd just get it all out of the way after that first day, like your body is daring you to do more. which i did.
argh.
Post a Comment