It's been a busy couple of days, and honestly I don't remember what I've been so busy with. I just feel pooped. If I sleep well tonight, I'll get up and run my "long" run of 8 miles at 6 a.m. Lately the baby has been getting up a lot at night, crying. He usually goes back to sleep fairly easily, but it still wears me out.
Wednesday night I took a Spin Class at the gym for an hour and it was a nice challenge. Definitely more intense than the stationary cycling I've been doing on my own. I will take that class on a regular basis, probably alternating it with the elliptical every other week. I like swimming a lot and will probably keep that up every week.
This evening I swam laps for 40 minutes again. Don't know how many laps. I'm just going for time and working on my form. I find I get more tired when I don't roll side to side, or reach well with my arms, or keep the top of my head pointed in the direction I want to go. One of these days I will get my swim stroke assessed, but for now I just need to get comfortable in the water.
On the family front, my older son is getting an award tomorrow for being physically active and setting a good example for how other kids can use their extra energy. I'm excited for him! He's finally realizing that he can't be a social butterfly in class or he gets in trouble, so he let's it all go during breaks by playing basketball, soccer, baseball, etc. with his friends. I wish I was like him when I was younger. I was a social butterly and got into a ton of trouble.
I digress...
Have a great night.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


5 comments:
You never stop to amaze me at the things you do to keep healthy and fit! Congrats to your son! I believe that he gets the inspiration from you and your DH.
I enjoyed the workout I got from spin class but I don't like the sore bumm. Did you buy padded shorts or do you 'tough it out' ?
Congrats to your son. He owes it to you! You are an awesome role model. :)
at least you have an excuse for your sleep deprivation!!! hope you get a good nights sleep tonight I'm learning the hard way that I can't live on 4 hours any more!!! I need to sleep and it makes a world of difference.
Congrats to your son. That means so much to kids to be honored in front of their peers. You're a great example. Way to go, mom!
Thanks Jojit, Makita, Dawn and Athena! I'm very proud of him. He's the sweetest boy.
Makita, my butt HURT in the first 5 minutes of spin class. I definitely will buy bike shorts!
Post a Comment