Oh man, the baby either needs to stop waking up to nurse at 4 a.m., or I need to go to bed by 10 each night. I usually rack it by 11 p.m., then nurse him at 4, then sleep again until 7 a.m. But lately he's been waking for the day at 6 and that one hour loss is hurting me! I'm such a whiner...sorry!
Yesterday afternoon I went to the gym for some lap swimming and I got there just as the water aerobics class was starting. Bummer. I decided to go home and swim laps in our pool in the backyard. I have no idea what distance I swam, but I did it for 40 minutes. I felt better than last week, but still need to really master that "gliding through the water" technique.
Today I teach Just Run at the kid's school and we'll probably just jog a mile or so. I might introduce some push ups and sit ups to them (although I know a lot of the kids already do that with their other sports).
CrossFit for today is increasing sets of pull ups for as many minutes as you can handle it. For example, Minute 1: As many sets of 1 pull up you can do throughout the minute. Minute 2: As many sets of 2 pull ups you can do throughout the minute. Minute 3: As many sets of 3 pull ups... you get the picture. I'm going to struggle with this one and will probably have to go to jumping pull ups. I love pull ups though and someday will do a lot of them in a row without assistance.
Okay, have a great Friday! I'll be running 6 miles tomorrow after my son's baseball game. Can't wait. :)
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


4 comments:
Hey GB,
You have to tell me the pros about wearing a running skirt. You seem to have thin legs. I don't imagine you wear them to prevent chafing, do you? I love wearing skorts in everyday life (I'm also a golfer), so they do intrigue me a little bit. However, I don't have any problems wearing running shorts (i.e. chafing, riding up, etc.) So, when you get a second, let me know what you love about them. Have a great 6 mile run tomorrow.
~Jo Lynn
Hi Jo Lynn. I really have no problems with the running skirt. Sometimes I still chafe on the upper inner thighs only on really long runs when I forget to put on Body Glide. I've raced in the skirt at short distances and the marathon distance, and I don't have any problems with it. I put my GU gels in the side pockets and it's still fine. So far I only have the skirts with the built in briefs, not the built in compression shorts. The ONLY reason I did not wear the skirt when I ran Boston was because I thought it'd be too cold with the weather. I was wrong, I saw a lot of skirts out there that day. I have 3 of them, and I'm about to order a 4th. I'm going for a brighter color this time, like green or red. I like the skirts Catra runs in, but I think she makes them.
I guess I was trying to get you to talk me into buying a running skirt. LOL I am trying to figure out the pros of them vs running shorts. Yes, Catra makes most of her skirts. Thanks! ;)
Jo Lynn, BUY A SKIRT, BUY A SKIRT! ;)
The pros: no bunching, no tugging, just running without worrying about that stuff. They're cute and flattering for every shape. RunningSkirts brand are well made with nice fabric, and the customer service is AWESOME!
The cons: I wish they were cheaper so I could by them in bulk!
Sometimes when it's really windy, the skirt flies up a little.
Post a Comment