Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Work

I love my career! Yesterday I had a 10 hour refresher day (mandatory training every 6 months) and the highlight was the driving portion. Not only did I get to drive adrenaline pumping fast and squeal the wheels as I turned corners while pursuing another vehicle, but I got to spin out several times. Need I say it? It was an absolute RUSH!

Anyway, back to normal today. We went to church this morning, visited with my parents over my son's birthday cake this afternoon and then finished the evening with a CrossFit workout from earlier in the week.

The workout was "Cindy": Complete as many rounds possible in 20 minutes of 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups and 15 squats. I did 9 sets, and I'm getting much better at the pull-ups. Not perfect yet, but I was able to do the first set of 5 all on my own! The rest of them were a cross between kipping and jumping. I did all the push ups in full position. Totals were 45 pull-ups, 90 push ups and 135 squats. Will I feel it tomorrow? Probably. :)

I will finish out the day with 75-100 situps. Looking forward to a run tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you do it? Time with God, your family and then exercising?!? You really are SUPERWOMAN! Happy Memorial day to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's your secret identity? What color is your costume, and does it have a cape? Gotta watch out for capes, as we know from the Incredibles. ;)

Carolyn said...

Hey lillie!

Thanks for the kind words on my blog! They really mean a lot to me.

Your job sounds exciting! (Well the test does anyway!)

I was also wondering if you know of any good prayer books or online resources? I am looking for something to provide daily guidance, and maybe some specific prayer categories. Any ideas?

Thanks :)

GB said...

Thanks Jojit! Great to hear from you as always. :)

Hi Athena, you make me laugh! I'm sure you know my alter ego by now.

Hey Carolyn, you're so welcome! As far as online resources for prayer books and daily guidance, I usually click on the link on my blog site "Daily Bible Reading" and read the day's entry. The other link, "When you can use a little hlep but are afraid to ask" is a prayer website, with specific prayer intentions. You can ask for prayers, or offer one, anonymously. Over the course of my 20's and 30's, I've found that reading the Bible has had the most profound impact on my attitude and life. I don't read it everyday, maybe not even every week, but when I do, it brings me back to center and I feel like everything will be the way it should. I hope this helps!

Ms Eva said...

Before I know it, you'll be an Indy car driver. :)

vanessa40 said...

Wow...that sounds so exciting..
Hope you son had a wonderful birthday

Vanessa

keith said...

i don't think you've ever disclosed what it is you do that you can legally drive like a maniac.

i squeal the tires and i go to jail, you squeal the tires and you get a performance bonus.

go figure. ;-)