Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Saturday, June 23, 2007

38

That is the number of years I am today. I remember when 30 seemed really old to me, now I'm only 2 years shy of 40.

Still sick, but getting better. Pumping the antibiotics and cold medicines in to my system. I tried to run yesterday morning before getting ready for the viewing. I managed 2 miles before I started to feel woozy and light headed.

I'll be taking today and tomorrow off from running, but still doing sit ups and push ups. :-) This morning the kids and I went to our local track to cheer on the Cancer Survivors during the opening lap of the Relay For Life. My hubby's parents succumbed to Cancer about a year apart (2001 and 2002). My former mom-in-law also succumbed to cancer when I was pregnant with my oldest, in 1997. I plan to participate and raise funds for the American Cancer Society at next year's Relay.

Tomorrow, the baby gets baptized. Then we'll all come back here and have a BBQ & swim. Another hot day on tap.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

And Happy Baptism to the baby! There are some lovely photos of me screaming as the priest is pouring holy water on my head at my baptism :)

-c.

JWU said...

Happy Birthday GB!!!

40 is the new 30 you know...

Hope you continue to feel better.

// J

SoberMommie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!
Hang in there and take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts...

Nuke Runner said...

Belated happy birthday (you can get higher points from the age-grading calculator now). Hope you're overcoming that illness.