CrossFit had "rest day" scheduled for today, so I did a modified version of yesterday's workout of the day. The WOD was 30 Muscle-ups for time. "If you cannot do the muscle-ups do 120 pull-ups and 120 dips." So that's what I did. I did jumping pull-ups and some kipping, along with modified dips because I don't have a dip rack. 120 of each, broken down into alternating sets of 10. I'm SURE I'll be sore tomorrow and the next day. I finished with 5 sets of 20 sit-ups. Yaaay! Time to recover.
4 comments:
Whew that's a good workout... you needed to do that after eating all the cake-lol
Well Done!
Hey GB!!
Glad you joined a running club.
I'm still undecided about becoming a member, the women’s training session has 3 more weeks, I'll decide for sure then.
Nice workout -- Your core has got to be getting so strong!!!
Have A Great Week!!
God Bless
G
With you as inspiration, I am using the RW advanced marathon training plan. So far, I really like it. However, I'm also still a little conservative in regards to running 5 days a week when I was formerly running just 3. I'm wondering what you think of the modifications I've made to the prescribed plan.
The plan calls for "Rest" on Monday - I sub a swim. My thought is this is equivalent to the Wed run.
I generally do Tues as prescribed but frequently do it on Wed instead because my Tues is busy with volunteering. If I run on Tues, then I swim or rest on Wed (rather than run).
Thr is as prescribed.
Fri/Sat is as prescribed unless outside obligations force me to flip them.
Sun is the Long Run as prescribed.
Does that make sense? Do you think doing the Tue run on Wed and then another hard day on Thr is too much?
Any insight or feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)
good to hear you're getting in your monster workouts still...i always look forward to seeing what you're up to!
Post a Comment