Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Geetah Race Series 5K

My hamstrings were feeling much better today after an easy 6.5 mile run yesterday, and stretching and rolling later in the evening. This morning I headed out for 8 miles, and I decided after the first two that I felt good enough to do the Geetah 5K race against myself at the track.

I did not use the lap feature on my Garmin at the track, I only used the timer/chrono.
My results after running 12.5 laps: 21:45.
That's about a 7:00/mile pace. Not as fast as my recent 10K or 8K, but that's okay because I ran those in the midst of hard marathon training and right now I'm just base building. It gives me hope that I'll be faster this fall.

I finished with a 5 lap jog around the track and then a 3 mile run home. In all about 8.5 miles. Feeling good but tired. More stretching and rolling tonight.

I will do CrossFit tomorrow along with a recovery 6 mile run.

7 comments:

jen said...

Whoo hoo! Great job on the 5k! I think it's very difficult to push yourself as hard as you would in a race environment, so your speed defintely is extra impressive. Way to go!

Brooke said...

You Crossfit folks are my heros. Those workouts look tough!

John Fenton said...

Great job, GB. That's a great performance for a workout in the middle of marathon training. You're going to break 20 minutes in a real 5K race before too long.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

GB Said: More stretching and rolling
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ahhhh those are two GOOD words--lol
stretching and rolling.

Great workout, u are such a speedy Momma :-) send me some to FL please!

Anonymous said...

I would have to have a recovery run to recover from your recovery run.

Anonymous said...

Great Job on the 5k! You probably smoked everyone else and left them in the dust being that you're superwoman and all! =)

DawnB said...

You do such great workouts!!