I just finished a 45 minutes swim, nothing fast, just laps. And I have this overwhelming urge to throw up. I drank plenty of water today, and throughout the swim, and I just feel dizzy and bleh. Anyone have any ideas why???
Hope you are doing better by now. Did you happen to get really hot right after or take a shower right after or was the water warm? Did you drink anything? I have experienced this often after really exerting during a swim. It seems that it is almost like overheating or getting dehydrated. Seems weird in the pool, but it has definitely happened to me (and I wasn't pregnant!)
One more thought...you mentioned getting a migraine after a long run. Do you sometimes get these after a hard workout? Lots of people don't realize that there are other symptoms related to migraine (nausea, funny vision, etc). Some people actually get these, with or without the headache part. Could have been another migraine. Can you tell I am a doctor of pharmacy :) Let me know if you have any migraine questions and we can talk off-line
Hey GB. Not sure if this is related to what you're feeling, but how's your swim breathing? If you're not exhaling out all of your air when your face is down in the water, you may be holding in too much air. Sometimes, when I'm tired at the end of a swim workout, I'll start breathing too frequently and not exhale enough. This sometimes makes my stomach upset and a little gassy.
... I was going to say perhaps you are coming down with the stomach flue... but then I read the first two posters and have to wonder that myself ... I hope you are feeling better.
"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life." Galations 6:4-5
Injury Prevention Routine courtesy of Alyssa Towers.
10 comments:
umm ur pregnant (oh o)
Congrats?!?!
I think it's time to pee on a stick ..... just a thought
yea, i'm going to agree with the first two comments. :-)
I'm not a swimmer, so I don't have any particular insights, GB. Whatever it is/was, I hope you feel better quickly.
Enjoy your multi-pace run today.
John
Hope you are doing better by now. Did you happen to get really hot right after or take a shower right after or was the water warm? Did you drink anything? I have experienced this often after really exerting during a swim. It seems that it is almost like overheating or getting dehydrated. Seems weird in the pool, but it has definitely happened to me (and I wasn't pregnant!)
One more thought...you mentioned getting a migraine after a long run. Do you sometimes get these after a hard workout? Lots of people don't realize that there are other symptoms related to migraine (nausea, funny vision, etc). Some people actually get these, with or without the headache part. Could have been another migraine. Can you tell I am a doctor of pharmacy :) Let me know if you have any migraine questions and we can talk off-line
I have no idea. I hope you're feeling better now.
Hey GB. Not sure if this is related to what you're feeling, but how's your swim breathing? If you're not exhaling out all of your air when your face is down in the water, you may be holding in too much air. Sometimes, when I'm tired at the end of a swim workout, I'll start breathing too frequently and not exhale enough. This sometimes makes my stomach upset and a little gassy.
... I was going to say perhaps you are coming down with the stomach flue... but then I read the first two posters and have to wonder that myself ... I hope you are feeling better.
I just registered for CIM !! :)
Post a Comment