This is my 7th race in the RW Online Geetah Race Series.
Okay I was going to blow off the intervals today and push them out til tomorrow because the DOMS were setting in from the Tabata workout yesterday. Then I reconsidered because I know the DOMS usually hit me harder TWO days after the initial workout. I sucked it up and did the track intervals. 83 degrees at the start. Here is how it all broke down:
2.03 miles jog for warm up
1600 meters @ 6:33 / (equivalent to a 6:08 mile). I ran lap 3 in lane #2.
800 recovery jog
1200 @ 4:54 / 6:13 mile
600 recovery jog
1000 @ 4:02 / 6:01 mile
600 recovery jog
800 @ 3:10 / 5:52 mile
400 recovery jog
600 @ 2:19 / 5:58 mile
300 recovery jog
400 @ 1:27 / 5:47 mile
400 recovery jog
2.00 miles cool down
Total miles = 9.76
I'm feeling pretty decent, kind of tight right now. I will stretch a lot later on today. But I have to clean house in a big way. Time to scrub the bathrooms and everything else for that matter. Joy. ;-)
CORRECTIONS on pace per mile equivalents:
Mile....6:33 pace
1200m...6:34 pace
1000m...6:29 pace
800m....6:22 pace
600m....6:13 pace
400m....5:50 pace
Thanks to The Geetah for setting me straight!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


5 comments:
Those kind of training splits are only in my dreams.
Hope the legs freshen up after the quality track session.
what an awesome workout!! keep it up.
Wow, you are one speedy girl. I am always blown away by your splits. You can really crank out those intervals even in hot weather!! Great job! Have fun cleaning (haha).
You should count your housecleaning as cross training. :)
Wowza! You'll be qualifying for the Olympics with numbers like that! :)
Post a Comment