I MISS THEM. My husband is at work and the baby is sleeping and it's just me. Usually the kids are with me but not this weekend. I'm sad. It's days like this that I just absolutely hate what divorce does to families. But no whining. After all we have all adjusted well and moved on, and our lives are blessed. I just miss my babes. At least we got to go to church together this morning. My daughter was so pretty with the yellow ribbon she wore in her hair, and my son sounded so wonderful as he sang the hymns. And they both listened to the priest's sermon and understood. They even asked me if I understood! The baby didn't have a meltdown so that was good too.
Anyway, have you seen the movie Premonition with Sandra Bullock? It's so interesting and so good. You really have to pay attention and think things through as you watch. I'm so glad I saw it. One thing that really sticks with me from the film is the conversation she had with her priest about being scared and not knowing what faith was anymore. He told her, "Faith is just believing in something beyond yourself. Something you can't feel or see or touch. Like hope. Like love." I really like that. Believing in something beyond yourself. I gather that having faith (in anything) is akin to being less selfish. I like that so much.
Whatever you believe in, practice your faith. Look beyond yourself.
Take care!
Back to running tomorrow. :)


1 comment:
Your children are so cute no wonder you missed them!
Thanks for the lessons of faith from the movie. Right now I think I really need that because I seem to be losing all hopes and faith I have.
Continue loving your children and spend as much time with them as possible because children nowadays are growing up so fast, in my educator's opinion. ;)
Post a Comment