I really want to thank everyone who posted comments on my last blog entry. You're all so sweet, so understanding and so nice. THANK YOU!!!
Since I last posted I have enjoyed 3 very easy runs. Two with my older son and daughter and one by myself. All three runs felt so nice because I left the watch at home and just went where my feet wanted to go. For the runs with the kids, I let them lead. A part of me misses the really hard training runs, but most of me is happy to break away from them for now.
I posted a copy of the blog entry on the Runner's World Message Boards and the support there was overwhelming. Another wonderful bunch of people (some of whom posted comments here on the blog too). Here are the links to those supportive message board threads. Here's the one from the Master's Board. So awesome! And this next one is hilarious...be prepared to laugh really hard when you open it!
I couldn't help but be cheered up when I read what these kind and kindred spirits had to say. It just goes to show ya' that you really aren't alone even when you feel like you are. God Bless!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


9 comments:
i am glad to see your spirits lifted. runners are a great supportive bunch!!
I'm glad you reached out to people. You might enjoy my recent post (you were in my thoughts as I was writing it) and also The Courage to Start by John Bingham. It's not so much about starting but about the joys of running as a lifestyle.
Putting the watch away and just enjoying some runs sounds like a fantastic plan! :)
I loved the pictures! Oh my gosh, you look great as Austin Powers and Dr. Evil! :-) If that doesn't put a smile on your face and lighten your heart, I don't know what will. You have an INCREDIBLE support group! You're blessed.
Oh, Lillie! I'd gone away for the weekend with family and when I return.... I'm so sorry. I read through the comments here and at RW forums and believe that you do deserve AND need a rest. You've been pushing so hard... qualifying in '06, PRing at Boston in '07, and now pushing for another PR at CIM '07. Put the watch away and just enjoy yourself... continue to run with your kids and take it easy for awhile.
If you haven't already, you might want to create a scrapbook to commemorate your love of running. Include pictures, race bibs, your training plan, memorable stories... Doing so will help you remember why you started in the first place. :)
And, remember, you are an inspiration to many of us - myself included! :)
I just got to read you last two blogs....so sorry to hear you've been feeling down :( Like others have said, its completely understandable. Take some time, have fun running with your kids, and try to remember why it is you love running. No one says you must run a marathon every season....no one is going to judge you one bit if you decide to take the fall off. You've pushed hard recently and everyone deserves a break. Best of luck to you and keep on smiling....even with those nasty Austin Powers teeth :)
I'm sorry I wasn't around, GB, when you had your mojo crisis. I was injured and frustrated myself, and was taking some time away from being obsessed with running. I'm glad you're feeling better.
Even if you don't want to abandon your long-term goals, there's nothing wrong with taking a break from "training" until you feel the itch again. Running can be an rewarding end in itself.
John
I'm so glad your spirit is back!!
The pics of you as Austn Powers & Dr. Evil just made my day!!!
Glad to see your spirit is again!
I knew you would be back... It's in your blood girl.. Take it easy getting back into it again we don't want you to lose your MOJO again anytime soon.. :D
Mickey
Post a Comment