Hey all. I've decided to keep a hard copy running log in addition to my blog page. I like the idea of having one at my disposal without having to log in to the computer. I wish there was a way to get my blog printed in to hard copy, but the last I'd heard, they don't do it for blogger.com yet. :( Anyone know differently?
Anyway, update of last few running days.
Tue 9/11: 8 total, warm up, 2 x 3 miles @ tempo pace, cool down. The tempo miles shook out like this -- 22:34 (7:31 pace, roughly 10-15 seconds slower than I needed to be) and after a 3 minute recovery I ran 23:18 (7:46 pace, 25-30 seconds slower). My only "excuse" is that I ran it outside at 12:45 p.m. in about 85 degrees. Not smart!
Wed 9/12: 5.1 mile recovery run, no watch. :) I pushed the baby in the jogging stroller.
Thu 9/13: 8.66 total, warm up, speed intervals at track, cool down. The intervals were 4 x 800s : 3:11, 3:12, 3:10, 3:14; and then 4 x 400s: 1:28, 1:29, 1:28, 1:30. Each interval was followed by a 400 meter jog/walk (one lap). It was a tough workout done at 10:30 a.m. and luckily it wasn't too hot yet.
Today I'm resting, but doing some core strengthening later on. I've come to the realization that if I want to feel good and race well, I really need to commit to eating less SUGAR and more vegetables, in addition to the protein and whole grains I already eat. I'm just a sugar addict though and it's horrible!
Okay, time to go. Have a great weekend! Tomorrow after soccer games I will do a 5K time trial. It's a cutback week on my marathon training schedule.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


7 comments:
always a good idea to have a hard copy because if the site you are using on the web blows up or disappears so does you log.
Great running week!! You are one speedy girl.
I keep a paper log, but no excel file or anything. I just write down the basics, my blog is where I babble! :)
I need to make the same adjustment to my diet! Too much sugar. :( Good thing I love veggies!
Have a great weekend!
We're on the same training schedule - those are the exact workouts I'm supposed to do. I've just been so busy I haven't managed anything beyond the recovery - funny since I have no need to recover. :)
I, too, need to make diet adjustments. I've been saying that since I started running w/dedication, over 2 years now.
I also keep a paper running log - it's more accuarate than my blog as I don't always post about the runs. I haven't yet found how to print my blog. I'm looking, though. :)
LOL...
I'm a sugar addicted too.
I love my Twizzlers and jelly beans..
Have a wonderful week..
Vanessa
Lillie, I read your post on RWOL Masters about taking a break. Forum participation can be overbearing at times as you feel you owe it to everyone to acknowledge what they posted about as well as tell them every move you made. I guess you know, we LET ourselves feel that way. I realized it a few months ago so rather than to exit the board, I simply released my NEED to account to and for everyone. I post when I want to say something or when I have info I feel might be interesting or beneficial to someone. Know what ..... life has gone on just fine without my 25 posts a day.
Do take a break but stay in touch. Forum participation can seriously be viewed like a fine wine or whiskey ..."best enjoyed in moderation". I love ya' girl and stay in touch.
rgreen45@adelphia.net
Lillie, I read your post on RWOL Masters about taking a break. Forum participation can be overbearing at times as you feel you owe it to everyone to acknowledge what they posted about as well as tell them every move you made. I guess you know, we LET ourselves feel that way. I realized it a few months ago so rather than to exit the board, I simply released my NEED to account to and for everyone. I post when I want to say something or when I have info I feel might be interesting or beneficial to someone. Know what ..... life has gone on just fine without my 25 posts a day.
Do take a break but stay in touch. Forum participation can seriously be viewed like a fine wine or whiskey ..."best enjoyed in moderation". I love ya' girl and stay in touch.
rgreen45@adelphia.net
Double post .... sorry!
Post a Comment