When the baby went down for his nap I headed out for an 18 mile run at an easy pace, averaged 8:56/mile. I felt pretty good except at mile 16 when I got a fierce side stitch. I worked through it though. I will say that for me, long runs hurt more AFTER I'm done than while I'm doing them. Anyway, time to taper for the half marathon on Sunday. I have low miles this week and a couple of light speed sessions. I'm still battling a cold. Time to load up on greens and lots of vitamin C rich foods. And I'm going to try to catch up on sleep all week.
6 comments:
Nice job on that long run despite the cramp! You are so ready for this half; I can't wait to see how well you do. Good luck with your race prep and I hope you get that cold beat before the race.
You ran an 18 miler a week before a 1/2 race? Geez, you are something, girlie.
I hate those stitches.
I'm running San Jose too this weekend! My 14 year old son and I ran it last year and it is now our tradition. We are staying at The Sainte Claire...you??
Great job! Good luck this weekend. I am running a half also but up in San Ramon (Primo's Half Marathon). Have fun!
Good luck on Sunday, GB. We're on the same plan as usual, I think. I ran 21 Sunday. I'm fighting off initial cold symptoms. And I'm racing a half Sunday too. :)
good luck with your half this weekend GB. I know you'll kick butt!!
Post a Comment