Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Shake the Cold Thursday

Yesterday I was supposed to do a mile warm up, then 20 minutes at half marathon goal pace + 10-15 seconds, 4 strides then a mile cool down. I still felt pretty sick so I put it off to today.

Today I had this URGE to run even though my cold was still lingering. I put the baby in the jogging stroller and off we went. Did a little over a mile warm up and then ran a little over 3-1/2 miles in 25:23. The average pace per mile during that segment was between 7:12 and 7:15. I then cooled down with a mile jog.

The baby fell asleep (and as a result, refuses to nap right now) and I feel great. My head feels better and so does my nose, but my throat is still scratchy and my chest is still a little congested.

Tomorrow just an easy 30 minute run, Saturday is a rest day and then BAM... 13.1.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Way to run through it!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

well they say if it's from the neck up you could exercise...

I had a 2 day cold last week, shook it off quick!!

Yes REST up and FOCUS IN on an awesome 1/2 marathon Race on Sunday!! Best Wishes GB !!

Mir said...

Great run--good luck on Sunday!!!!

GB said...

Thanks Nancy, Bob and Mir! :)