Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

My NEW Running Heroes

I am a huge Deena Kastor fan. HUGE. Despite that fact, I have 4 new running heroes I want to talk about. They are all local runners (live and train where I live and train), they have jobs and families and other obligations they have to balance with their running. They are all part of the GREAT and supportive running club I belong to.

Cheryl is a Masters runner. She's a fellow mom and a great motivator. She's a 3:19 marathoner and a 1:32 half marathoner, and hopes to run a 3:09 at the CIM, (she will).




Ali is in her late 20s and very fast. She's the VP of our running club and will no doubt run close to a 3:00 marathon at the CIM. Her half marathon PR is 1:25! She didn't finish too far behind the elites.




Kim is in her early 30s and is a teacher. The CIM will be her first marathon and I bet she also runs close to a 3:00. She won her age group at the San Jose Half Marathon w/ a time of 1:28.



I've mentioned Miguel in my blog before. He'll be running the Men's Olympic Marathon Trials in November. He recently became a U.S. Citizen and couldn't be more happy to run as a full fledged American. He graced the pages of Runner's World magazine (November issue). He's got a bright running career ahead of him.



They are all inspiring to me and make me want to be a better runner.



But my all time #1 HERO is my husband. I love you! You make me want to be a better person. Come home soon, sweetheart.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked this blog a lot. It's nice to read that ordinary (or is that extraordinary) people can become our heroes. You've got a good list going and your #1 hero certainly deserves the admiration that you give him. You're likely his #1, too. :-)

Ms Eva said...

I love this! I want to create a heroes list, too. :) It would make for a fun Thurs13.

P.S. My #1 hero is my husband, too. May yours return to you soon... healthy and happy.

Mir said...

Your husband and all the brave men and women fighting the fires have been in my thoughts a lot lately. I hope the ordeal will be over soon.

You don't sound like you're all that far behind your heroes. YOU are one of MY running heroes.