Today was the HARDEST workout I've done this training cycle because I pushed the baby again, this time for 13.2 miles total! I fed him a big breakfast and even some snacks on the run, and a little lolly pop for the last 3 miles kept him busy when he started to fuss.
1.63 mile warm up
3 miles at marathon goal pace (7:40/mile avg).
7 x 800s cruise intervals w/ <2:00 recoveries:
(3:29, 3:29, 3:26, 3:27, 3:28, 3:29, 3:30)
Quick few minutes-stretch break w/ Jimmy
3 miles at tempo (7:18/mile avg).
1 mile cool down.
NOTE: for the last 3 miles at tempo, I turned off the auto lap feature on my Garmin and went by feel.
IT FELT HARD!
I will say it was a lot easier to stick to prescribed paces (instead of going faster) by pushing the jogging stroller.
Okay, I'm going to soak in the chilly pool and sip coffee before I get cleaned up. Baby is napping now.
Today is the first day that I haven't heard from my husband first thing in the morning. I'm sure he's okay, but God I miss him! I MISS HIM SO MUCH.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


2 comments:
He's doing a good thing, but bless you for the sacrifices you are making while he is gone.
Sounds like a great workout. Baby must have loved it!
Hmmm, baby jogger could be the new training tool...at this rate you will feel light as a feather in the marathon and cruise to a new PR. What an awesome workout.
I've been thinking of your husband and all the people out there fighting those fires a lot. They are true heroes! I know he misses you just as much, and that will make it all the better when he's back safe at last! Hang in there...
Post a Comment