Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Show Goes On

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers for my husband, and all those affected by these fires. They are still raging. I don't know where my hubby is at this point and I'm sure he'll call as soon as he can.

Quick running posts:
Ran 10 miles on the treadmill Sunday night. Last 4 miles were at an 8:18 pace. Overall pace for the run was 8:49/mile.

Rest day on Monday.

Today I was supposed to run 10-12 miles w/ 10 minutes of total uphill time. No hills around here and no one to watch the baby as I ran, so I pushed him in the jogger. Here's how it panned out.

The first 6 were at an easy pace (about 9:20/mile). We took a few minutes stretch break after the first 6 miles. Then in the last 6 we did 10 fartleks of 2-3 minutes each. I added what the Garmin recorded for those, and it was roughly 2.96 miles of speedplay at an average 6:50 pace. (My fastest one being a 6:29 pace and slowest being 7:07).

So instead of 10 minutes hill time, I did 20 minutes of speedplay. I hope that compensates somewhat. My breathing and legs felt like I was running hills.

I think I needed to run this workout to keep my mind off of my hubby. Baby is napping, gotta correct some homework and shower, then pick the kids up from school. Oh, soccer practice tonight too. I wish my sweetheart was here with us. :(

6 comments:

Nancy said...

It's never easy when they are gone, but I know you are worried on top it too. Hang in there.

Be safe, GB's man.

Mir said...

Great run! You are a superwoman to run so fast while pushing the baby jogger.

I'm sure your husband will be back safe and sound very soon!

Ms Eva said...

I'd say that 20 minutes of speedplay with the baby jogger is definately equivalent to 10 minutes of hills!

My prayers are with your hubby. May he be home soon.

Many Hugs!!

jen said...

My thoughts are with your husband and his crew. They are trained to be safe in all situations and I know he'll be fine. Hope you hear from him soon! :)

Great job on the run- I think that speed workout takes the place of a hill workout. Nice pace too!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hi GB, prayers are with ur husband and all the firefighters what a crazy scene!!

Hey love ur NEW Pic ...and YES Races should be fun...awesome pic!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

PS: Congrats on ur HM, friggin ur SOOO Fast ... Great JOB GB!!!!!

and WOW 13 place in ag ... YOU ROCK!!! and CHICKED a lot of boys--lol